Sunday, December 30, 2012

Six Sentence Sunday: December 30

Six Sentence Sunday is a weekly blog hop where participants post six sentences of their writing. You can find out more about it by clicking on the image, but hurry, it is only running until the end of January.

I am posting from my current WIP, Tiamat's Nest. In previous posts last month, I introduced Charles and his computer simulation. Here, a second strand of the story is unwinding. Three online gamers, Tin Man, Pink Marie, and Moonshadow, have had their immersive avatars captured by the mysterious Samurai.

=====

Tin Man faced not the half-expected, unimaginable nightmares, but the expressionless mask of a Samurai warrior.

"What?" In speaking, Tin Man found that his avatar was once more under his control. He looked around, recognizing the cavernous, rain-spattered glass vaults.

The Samurai seemed unfazed by the inane utterance. "Seems I need to set better fences," he muttered.

=====

8 comments:

DasNuk said...

I just read all the excerpts you posted of Tiamat's Nest and I'm intrigued to find out more. It sounds like a great story. :)

Veronica Scott said...

Promising set up, definitely makes me want to keep reading! Great six!

Shell Flower said...

Tiamat's Nest sounds cooler every time I see an excerpt. I love cyberpunk. When is this going to be out in the world?

J.M. Blackman said...

What an interesting premise and six. Definitely pulled me in. I always like when work plays with avatars.

Charmaine Clancy said...

Very clever flash story!

Happy 2013!

Jax Garren said...

I like the "better fences" line of dialog. :) Interesting setup! The story sounds like the kind of thing I enjoy reading. Good luck!

Botanist said...

Glad you liked it, DasNuk.

Veronica, thanks.

Shell, it's going to take a while yet. I'm still working on the first draft. I'm a bit nervous about it, to be honest, because I'm treading on uncertain ground here and I know nothing about cyberpunk compared to many folks out there.

J.M. lots of avatars here, in all shapes and sizes :)

Charmaine, it feels like it could almost stand on it's own as flash, doesn't it?

Jax, I liked that line too :)

Siobhan Muir said...

Oooh, a mysterious tyrannical hacker - way cool. Fun six, Botanist. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...