Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Talks ... talks ... talks

It’s been a while since I gave a writing-related talk at the library. Now I’ve got two coming up next month.

Just on a whim I contacted the Victoria Writers’ Society a few weeks ago to see if they’d be interested in The Critique Survival Guide. Seems they would, and I’m now booked in for their regular monthly meeting on May 2 (7:00 at the central branch of the Greater Victoria Public Library if you happen to be in the neighborhood)

That means I have to dust off my speaking notes from 2014, when I first gave this talk at the Sidney library.

OK, then last week I got an email from the librarian in Sidney to see if I could fill their May monthly slot. Way back before Christmas I’d mentioned I could run an evening on worldbuilding if they wanted. Nothing further was said, and I’d forgotten all about it, but the program this year has been going from month to month without much forward planning because they’ve been waiting on library renovations to start, which would put a stop to normal meetings. That hasn’t happened yet, so it seems they needed someone to fill in the next meeting.

OK. I’ve got a bit of time to prepare. No worries ...

I think ...

7 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Nothing like last minute. At least you've given the one talk before.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Ian - that sounds good ... I'll see if I can get down ... cheers Hilary

Botanist said...

Alex, and the good news is I've had a chance to look over my old notes and they are still in pretty good shape.

Hilary, that would be fantastic if you could. We must hook up some time while you are still here...

Lynn La Vita said...

I'd like to add your list of speaking engagements. I run a writers group near Puerto Vallarta, MX. Love to dedicate a meeting to worldbuilding (or is it Word Building?).

Thank you for reading and commenting on my Guest Post (Alex's site). It's good to meet you.

JEN Garrett said...

I've had to dust off a few speaker notes when engagements pop up. I thought this year would be light, but then I kind of volunteered for a college preparedness speech this summer.

Stella Telleria said...

Wow! Good luck. I'm not involved at all in my local community so I'm always impressed when people put themselves out there.

Chrys Fey said...

That’s awesome! I know you’ll do great for both. One day I’d like to give writing-related talks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...